Your Road Map to Excellence in Healthcare Security and Safety
48th Annual Conference & Exhibition (AC&E)
May 22-25, 2016
Get to the front of the pack with other Healthcare Security and Safety leaders at the 48th Annual Conference & Exhibition as we address “Your Road Map to Excellence in Healthcare Security and Safety”. Experience a mix of traditional general sessions along with smaller interactive discussions and workshops to equip you with the skills and information you need to succeed.
Register for the 2016 AC&E
Primary Hotel and Room Block
The Westin Charlotte
601 South College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
Phone: (1)(704) 375-2600
Book your room at The Westin Charlotte
Special Notice: The Westin Charlotte hotel is sold out for some nights of the conference.
Westin Charlotte Transportation Information
Additional Room Block Hotel (same group rate of $189 USD per night)
The Sheraton Charlotte (approximately a 12 minute walk from the Westin Charlotte)
555 South McDowell Street, South Tower
Charlotte, North Carolina, 28204, United States
Phone: (1)(704) 372-4100
Book your room at the Sheraton Charlotte: Guest room reservations for attendees can be made via online reservation link or call-in via 1-800-325-3535 reservation line. All individual reservations must be guaranteed by individual credit card at time of reservation. Guests should reference INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTHCARE SECURITY & SAFETY (IAHSS) when making reservations to receive the group room rate and ensure the reservation is made within the group room block.
Sheraton Charlotte Transportation Information
Uptown Charlotte Transportation
Gold Rush Trolley - The Gold Rush is a trolley service that travels north and south on the city's main thoroughfare, Tryon Street, making coming to and from Uptown a delight. The stops are clearly marked by signage on the sidewalks. The Trolley stops near both the Sheraton and the Westin.
• Fee: Complimentary
• Hours: 7AM - 7PM, 7 days a week
• Trolleys arrive on the circuit every 15 minutes.
2016 AC&E Program Information
Access the full program here
General Session Topics and Speakers
- Leading in Turbulent Times: Health System Security and Safety Imperatives - A View from the C-Suite
- George Masi – Harris Health System
- How to Influence and Communicate with The Powers That Be
- Gary Parks – Gary Parks Services, Inc.
- Three Perspectives, One Goal: Reducing the Risk and Impact of Violence In Healthcare Facilities
- Tom Smith, CHPA, CPP – Healthcare Security Consultants, Inc.
- Pamela Thompson, MS, RN, CENP, FAAN – American Organization of Nurse Executives
- Dan Yaross, MSM, CHPA, CPP – Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Kevin M. Tuohey – Boston University and Boston Medical Center
- Diversity & Inclusion: An Honest Conversation
- Greg Jones – United Airlines
- Extreme Customer Service® for Non-Clinical Staff in Healthcare
- Joe Clouatre – Innovative Business Partners
- Make Actual Evidence Based Security Decisions: Avoiding Garbage-in/Garbage-out
- Scott MacMillan, MA, CHPA – Lower Mainland Integrated Protection Services
- Jeff Young, CHPA, CPP – Lower Mainland Integrated Protection Services
- Updates and Tips for a Successful Joint Commission Survey
- James Kendig, MS, CHSP, CHEM, CHCM, LHRM – The Joint Commission
Introducing new breakout sessions in 2016!
Get the targeted education you need the most, and learn in a smaller and more interactive setting.
Attend sessions from 3 themed tracks:
- Safety/Emergency Management/Risk Management
Boasting an attendance of decision-makers from North America’s largest healthcare organizations, the IAHSS Annual Conference & Exhibition is the only event with direct access to healthcare leaders with the primary responsibility for security, safety, emergency management and parking infrastructure.
This event will provide your organization with the opportunity to interact with the industry’s leaders and decision makers. For more information, visit our Sponsorship Opportunities page.
- Aiphone Corporation
- Alertus Techologies - Enterprise Wide Alerting
- Allied Barton Security Services
- ASSA ABLOY
- Axis Communications
- Cardinal Tracking, Inc.
- Certascan Technologies
- Code Blue Corporation
- Color ID
- Columbia Southern University
- Convergint Technologies, LLC
- Crisis Prevention Institute
- Emergency Communications Network
- Fast Pass Visitor Management Solutions
- Impark Health
- International Health Facility Diversion Association
- Iris Ltd, Inc
- Kratos Public Safety & Security Solutions, Inc
- Lowers & Associates
- Master's Transportation
- Maybo by Mandt
- McRoberts Security Technologies
- Micro Technology Services, Inc.
- National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators, Inc (NADDI)
- Pinpoint, Inc.
- Prepared Response, Inc.
- Pryme Radio Products
- Punch Alert
- Quantum Corporation
- Quantum Secure
- Report Exec
- Response Technologies
- RF Technologies
- RS2 Technologies
- Rydin Decal
- SAF Technologies, Inc
- Secure Care Products
- Security 101
- Social Sentinel
- Southern Software, Inc
- SRI International
- Stanley Security
- TASER International
- TEAM / ED-Safe by HSS, Inc
- Tech Systems, Inc
- Trakka USA - ASSA ABLOY
- Tyco Security Products
- Universal Protection Security Systems
- Visitor Pass Solutions by Data Management, Inc.
- Whelan Security
Past Event Archives
47th Annual Conference & Exhibition
May 3 - 6, 2015
St. Louis, MO, USA
46th Annual General Membership Meeting & Seminar
May 1 - 4, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
45th Annual General Membership Meeting & Seminar
May 1 - 4, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA